Thursday, September 4, 2008

what the..???


i was trained to work for the US Fraud department. i attended US core training. i passed the accent neutralization training. i was told i would be talking to a lot of americans hence, the training was rigid.
surpised! last monday,august 26 was a disaster. it was supposedly a light kind of shift because it was a sunday PST time. but no! it was totally queueing time. no right to complain. trained to handle calls. but wait! most of my calls were unbearable. i'm not a racist, i don't discriminate but ... oh jeez! most of my calls where from Asia and other non-english speaking countries,mixed cultures living in the US. since my company practice diversity, we anticipated that some callers will be requesting to an agent who speak their language. we have different language dept where we can forward calls. i offered my callers i can transfer them to an agent who can further assist them. they declined and told me.. i want to learn english from you. here's the exact words one of my callers said.... " i dont like you transfer me to some of the others. i want to english myself. you and i alone will talking to one another now . i understanding you very good. i know how to english myself . you helping me, explaining to me what my credit card is about. no.. no transfer. i can english"

there! need i say more?

No comments: