Monday, August 18, 2008

dont cry over spilled coffee..errr..milk!

my work can really be so toxic. the moment i log in...queueing starts. it can really bring sore to my throat. that's why my ever reliable starbucks coffee mug is right beside me..(i love the combination of cafe mocha/cappuccino/creamy chocolate). With coffee close to my reach... i can sip it... when... my throat gets dry...gets itchy...gets irritated...When large volume of calls come pouring in.. i always wish the clock will start moving fast so i could already take my break...to relax...and sip more coffee...then pee. There was a time when i hoped there would be system breakdown so i can just advise the customers to call in after 30 minutes.

One time...i really felt so harrassed. Lunch break was heaven to me! One hour of not taking calls.i went to a Japanese resto just a few steps away from my office.didn't talk to anyone.wanted my voice to rest for a while.i even just pointed my meal order.tempura.after a quick lunch, i dropped by at 7Eleven convenience store and had a kitkat.alright!!talk about taking a break!

after my one hour lunchbreak,i went back to work on the floor.i secretly wish for the customers to stop calling that day.whoever said "be careful what you wish,they can come true" is right.correct.true.the following 4 hours that day was idle.in an hour, i only received 3 calls.i was supposed to feel good.well, it turned out, i got bored... i even felt so sleepy. you know the feeling of wanting to sleep so bad and you can't because you simply cant and wont be allowed? one more thing... "more calls..more money" my wish was a big mistake..HUGE! well, i cant cry over spilled coffee....errr...milk.

No comments: