Tuesday, September 23, 2008

gotcha!


i just received a call from a person pretending be someone else. as part of our opening spiel every onset of calls, we need to verify the caller at least 2 pieces of personal info. my caller has verified correctly the infos however, it was very suspicious. i asked for the date of birth. the true person/cardmember was born year 1932. the caller's voice was so active, so young sounding, so irate, so defensive. the usual calls i receive from the oldies often turned out to be light. they are the ones who call me sweetie, dear, darling,my son. and this particular call i received lately was no match. my credibility was even questioned and said, i was slow and seemed not wiling to help because i ask so many questions. the caller wants to get things done right away. instinct dictated the best thing i need to do. which is to probe some more. when i ask.."how can i help you today?" she said. "my grannny lets me use her card and why in the world am i having hard time using it?" ..THAT'S IT..! i told the caller to let her granny call us. i immediately block the account and insisted, let the real cm give us a call.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

haha.. thats wht
u call instinct...
hehehe, di ba and
u cud tell urself
na u know ur job
and ur clients well
enough... asteg un d b?
thats definitely
a plus... hehehe

salamat
sa pagbisita sa site ko...
ive already linked u
kaw din aytz?

Faith said...

Hello, thanks for visiting my blog. :) Marami talagang gumagawa ng fraud sa US. Tsk. At least nahuli mo siya.

Unknown said...

nice one... heheheh... was just hopping around... hope to see you on my blog... :D

edelweiza said...

this is out of topic...sorry.i noticed you don't have a tagboard so i decided to just comment here. sure we can exchange links.add me then tag me. cheers! :)

Anonymous said...

hi there! thanks for dropping by sure let's exchange links I've read some parts of your blog and they truly are interesting as we work in the same industry. However, I am such a "green apple" with exhanging links am not sure if this is as simple as 1, 2, 3 or if I have to do something special to link up with you. Please feel free to teach me hahaha....really please and thanks! http://callcentermomie.blogspot.com/