Thursday, March 19, 2009

wow philippines

filipinos in the US are aware that several call center companies are based in the Philippines. my caller a while ago was a filipina. the first thing she asked was my location, and my nationality. i admitted to be a filipino like her. when she learned about this, she started speaking our own language and requested me to do the same . i can't. even if i want to.so, we discussed her issues however she used filipino/tagalog language while i reply in english. it was fun, she was relieved that it wasn't hard on her part to inquire and know more about her account details. the call lasted for about 10 minutes which is considered as long call. the heck, it's ok. at least i was able to make one of our kababayans happy. she even joked.. "dumudugo kasi ilong ko pag nag-english ako" ...we had a good laugh. i was tempted to speak the way she does, but i controlled myself. afraid the call might be monitored and be part of my scorecard..no way! hence, the call ended the way i started it.. english all the way...cmon!

No comments: