Wednesday, July 23, 2008

look who's talking...

american accent neutralization: the first thing an aspiring call center agent must acquire in order to get the job. it aint easy... i have been a CCA for more than 2 years now. everytime i take calls.. i make sure i use that "accent" otherwise, the american callers will complain. there was a time when i was caught off guard.. it was around 3am..my 74th caller for the nightshift, exhausted, stressed, burned out, so sleepy! in the middle of the call.. the caller shouted, complained, demanded to speak to an american agent or to my supervisor... RACIST! he didn't wanna talk to me. he didn't like my accent. just as i was about to transfer the call .. i thought of a very bright idea! i put him on hold.

i composed myself.. sipped my ever reliable coffee (cafe mocha) and after 3 minutes..went back to the caller and apologized for the long wait.. the caller was so glad i took the call.. matters resolved.. before the call ends.. the caller thanked me for taking the call.. and said... "only americans can understand one another". ... CLUELESS.. he didnt even know that only one person handled the call...and not to mention.. not an american.. but a true blooded filipino..WOooo...HOooo!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i remember cathy! hahaha!

Anonymous said...

this is so funny! sometimes, i can tell by the accent i am talking to a filipino, but i do not ask them since i am afraid it may put them in trouble coz I think agents are asked not to divulge their place of origin.

keep up the good work of sharing your experiences, they are so well told. nice read.

Japol Orona said...

thanks for viewing my blog..
let's connect..